Brother Printer Wifi setup
Installing, configuring and getting printer to work with Wi-Fi and other means should be peace of cake with right steps. in this article we will explore all possible ways to get your brother printer integrated with your system. we will cover all aspects of brother printer setup and frequently asked Questions. before you connect brother printer to Wi-Fi please setup the printer first.
Note :- Same Methods Can be used to setup and configure old or new brother printer. use similar steps for installation with almost any series of brother printer for home and Small business use.
Now installing a printer would require certain things and supply’s please make sure you have the objects mentioned below-
Wi-Fi Router or access point (for Wi-Fi Setup)
Ink cartridges and power cable
USB Or Ethernet Cable (For Wired Setup)
Please Perform steps Given before we go further for Brother Printer setup.
- Please Uninstall Any Prior installed Printer driver to avoid conflicts.
- Unbox the Printer and connect power cable.
- Install the ink cartridges and place the paper in paper trey.
- Make sure the print heads are aligned.
- Keep the Usb cable that came with printer. (For USB Setup)
- Find an Ethernet cable. (optional)
How to setup Brother Printer ?
To setup Brother Printer there are multiple way you can go about such as –
- 1. Setup Using USb Cable
- 2. Install With Wi-Fi
- 3. Ethernet Cable setup
USB Cable Method –
This method is not quite popular since technology has evolved a lot and the many easy other options are available such as Wi-Fi direct method, WPS Push methods but if the installation software require or you wanna do it old school style Please follow the steps :-
- Use the USB Cable that came with printer or compatible with printer. Connect the first end of the cable to printer USB port and second end to the computer Ethernet port.
- Go to the computer and make sure its connected with active internet connection then open the internet Browser the go to the brother website and select your region and language. for example united states go to this link for official brother printer website.
- Look on the Printer box or Printer for model Number and type the exact model number of the printer and then search for compatible driver and click on the Full driver and package.
- Open and Run the downloaded setup file to begin the setup process and make sure printer is tuned on and ready to configured.
- Software console will prompt please select language and accept the terms of software then click next.
- In Next step please Select Local Connection (USB) Method and hit next. and make sure computer is connect with printer using usb cable.
- Now choose the standard method and click next and wait for the process to setup.
- Once the Process is finished Print a test page to make sure its configured successfully.
Brother Printer Setup Using Wifi?
This method is quite similar to usb method except you don’t Need the USB to make the connection between printer and WIFI network. Here is how you do it –
- Place the Printer with the range of wifi network.
- use the laptop computer with wifi feature to connect the wireless printer with computer first.
- Download the printer software and run the software to install it as mentioned in the steps above in first method.
- This time instead of wired connection use the wireless connection as setup method and follow the on screen instructions.
Now there is one more easy way to connect brother printer to wifi please follow the steps and get it done using the simpler method.
Brother Printer Setup With Ethernet Cable
Setting up brother printer with router using Ethernet cable is pretty much same as using the usb cable however it has greater benefits like once your brother printer is connected and configured with router using Ethernet cable you can print from any device which is connected to the router.
Required Supply’s and reinstallation requirements are same. just make sure you have an active internet and configured router/extender/access point to connect with.
- Turn on the Printer and Connect Printer Ethernet port with Router Lan Port(Ethernet) Using Ethernet Cable.
- Make Sure the Computer is Connected to the Router and have active internet
- Download the Printer Software as instructed In first Method (USB Cable Method) Above
- Run the Software and Follow on screen instructions and select wired Network Connection (Ethernet) when asked.
- Finish installation process as recommended on screen.
4139 Eagles Nest Drive, Tahoe Paradise, California,95375
work schedule :- 24*7
Get Technical Support
Support you can trust.